A Flyboard® is an accessory to a Personal Watercraft ( PWC ), such as a Sea-doo or Yamaha WaveRunner
The Flyboard® captures the jet propulsion of the PWC and routes it through a 55 foot hose to a wakeboard-like platform where it is splits into two water jets, enabling the boarder to lift out of the water…to hover and fly like a superhero, and dive like a dolphin.
The Flyboard®, by Zapata Racing, was invented and patented in France in 2011 by former Professional Jet-ski Champion, Franky Zapata. Commercial production of the Flyboard® started in 2012, and the new watersport has been exploding in popularity all over the world ever since. Hundreds of Flyboard® locations are now set up in dozens of countries around the globe. There are locations quickly popping up across Canada, many of which are either already operational, or being planned for the 2014 season. B.C. locations alone include, but are not limited to, Victoria, Vancouver, Maple Ridge, Cultus Lake, Kamloops, Vernon, and the Shuswap, and Penticton.
How it works
- 2 Person Operation
- Certified Instructor controls PWC Throttle/Thrust to the Board
- Boarder controls the Navigation
- Remove steering cone and bolt on adapter plate
- Attach/detach Flyboard® hose in a matter of seconds
- Two swivels
- Self-cleaning plastic bearings
- Used with or without arm-hose stabilizers